Assistant Coach - Football
Unionville High School
Available August 7, 2017
POSITION TITLE: JV/Assistant Coach
SUPERVISOR: Building Principal/Athletic Director/Varsity Head Coach
To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be completely knowledgeable on the rules of the sport.
- Be completely knowledgeable on the PIAA regulations concerning the sport, both local and state.
- Select team members.
- Set schedule for practice.
- Follow all school regulations and coach’s handbook regulations.
- Instruct team members on the school athletic policy.
- Supervise practices and games.
- Check on academic eligibility.
- Assume responsibility for locker rooms during practice and games.
- Instruct team members on good sportsmanship.
- Check on dress and conduct of players at both home and away events.
- Check on condition of uniforms and recommend replacement needs to the athletic director.
- Account for all uniforms issued.
- Return all uniforms to the athletic director at the end of the sport season.
- Recommend to the athletic director awards and letters for team members.
- Comply with all applicable PIAA policies and guidelines.
Employee must have clearances from the state and federal government: Form I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification), Act 114 (Federal Criminal History), Act 34 (State Criminal History), Act 24 (Arrest /Conviction Report and Certification Form), Act 151 (Child Abuse Criminal History) and Act 168 form (Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure).
Employee must have clearances as required by the PIAA and school district: Concussion Training, Sudden Cardiac Arrest Training and Mandatory Reporter Training.
Employee must have knowledge of coaching in their designated sport. Previous coaching experience is helpful but not required.
Employee must have strong organizational and communication skills.