Anticipated Opening - S-II Office Manager
Pending Board Action 3/20/2017
Chadds Ford Elementary School
Full-time 12 month position - 8.0 hours per day
Salary Range $17.79 - 28.63
Responsible for providing confidential secretarial and administrative support services to the Chadds Ford Elementary School Principal and staff. This position requires discretion, initiative, and sound judgment, as well as excellent technical knowledge.
The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, is crucial to this role. Financial and/or budget preparation and management experience required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualification requirements listed below represent minimum levels of educational achievement, training, skills, and/or ability necessary.
- Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school including or supplemented by training in business office management, secretarial science, bookkeeping or related field and three years of increasingly responsible office administration experience
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work effectively with upset individuals
- Financial and/or bookkeeping experience with budget planning, preparation, and monitoring is required
- Knowledge of principles of public sector administration
- Letter and report preparation techniques
- Telephone techniques and etiquette
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary
- Operation of office machines including computer equipment and assigned software
- Interpersonal skills including tact, patience, and courtesy
- Maintain a safe and secure environment
- Candidate must adhere to all local, state, federal, and school code requirements for employment.
Successful candidates will be required to obtain required clearances:
- Act 151 Child Abuse Clearance
- Act 34 PA Criminal Record Check
- Act 114 Federal Criminal History Record
- Act 168 Employment History Review
The Unionville-Chadds Ford School District is an equal opportunity employment, educational, and service organization.